We have an opening for a Summer Camp Counselor!
Science Riot Grrls Summer Camps serves campers ages 6-12 in Midtown Toronto.
We offer four sessions throughout the summer and host 10-12 campers per session. Camp sessions teach life skills, self-confidence, trust, and teamwork while providing hands-on learning through scientific experiments and engineering activities.
Counselors are the primary caregivers for each camper. The Counselor is responsible for planning, teaching, coordinating and carrying out activities and guiding campers in their personal growth and daily living skills.
- 16 years or older
- High School students studying STEM subjects, that have had experience working with kids and small groups
- Prior camp experience an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR
- A demonstrated passion for working with children
- The ability to collaborate and contribute as a team player
- A proven professional approach and work ethic
- A current Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is a condition of employment an application will be provided to you at your interview.
- Have a passion for supporting and building resilience for girls who are interested in STEM
Currently Studying Science
- Interest or participation in a school or regional Science Fair
- Familiarity with the barriers faced by women pursuing STEM education or careers
If you believe that a fun, innovative environment is the perfect fit for you, please submit your resume along with a cover letter.
Apply now! Complete the form and attach your resume below.